Back You are here: Home Town Town Government Information

Requesting Records and Information

Vital Records:

Vital records include birth, death, and marriage certificates. Maine law requires that a person requesting a copy of a record less then 100 years old must provide documentation establishing their direct and legitimate interest in the records.

Such people are:

  • Descendants of the person named on the record
  • Genealogists who have a Maine researcher identification card, issued by the Centers for Disease Control.
  • Registrant's legal custodian, guardian, conservator, or respective authorized representative.
  • The parents named on the record.
  • The person named on the record.
  • The person's spouse or registered domestic partner.

How Do I Register To Vote?

The State of Maine allows residents to register to vote anytime. Residents of Limestone may register to vote with the Town Clerk's Office at the Town Office during regular business hours. Proof of residency as well as proof of identity will be required; this could be a driver's license indicating a physical street address in Limestone. (post office box mailing address will not be accepted). If your driver's license shows a previous address, please bring documents (checkbook, utility bills, etc.) that shows your current Limestone street address.

Limestone has established it's voting location at the Municipal Building, 93 Main Street. To assist us in making the voting process as easy as possible, we ask that you register in advance, if at all possible.

If you are currently registered and wish to update any information (such as married name, residence address, etc.) that is pertinent to your voting records, please visit the clerk's office or mail the new information to Registrar of Voters, 93 Main Street, Limestone, ME 04750

If you are enrolled in a political party and wish to change to a different party, you must make that change at least fifteen (15) days prior to the primary or party caucus to be eligible to vote or participate. Once enrolled in a party, you must stay with that political party for at least three months.

The employees at the Limestone Town Office can't answer questions for citizens regarding the purpose and objectives of political parties. These can be answered by the local party chairperson.

Motor Vehicle Registration

Registration Requirements:

 It is required that at time of all Registrations and Re-registrations that proof of insurance, mileage, and old registration be provided.

First time registration:   New registrations require dealer paperwork including the blue title application, green sales tax form, and the window sticker if it is a new vehicle. If the vehicle was purchased in a private sale, please provide the vehicle title, signed on the back by the previous owner, and the bill of sale.  Other douments/requirements may be needed in individual cases.